Friday, December 5, 2008

The Wrightson Completionist: Part 1

During the period from about 1983 to 1994, I decided I wanted to own copies of everything Bernie Wrightson ever drew or painted. Life and some other stuff got in my way I lost the dream in the mid-1990's. But I can pretty safely say I have about 95% of Bernie's output up through 1990 or so.

This post is the first in a series where I hope to highlight some of the more oddball Wrightson items in my collection.

First up: some items associated with Bernie Wrightson's cover artwork for Meat Loaf's 1981 album Dead Ringer.



Picture Disc for Dead Ringer, Epic Records, 1981. A seven inch picture disc of "Dead Ringer for Love b/w "More Than You Deserve" was also released in Europe. It featured a cropped version of Bernie's cover art.




Backstage pass for 1981-1982 World Tour (thanks Todd)




Here's something you haven't thought about for awhile. Chu-Bops bubblegum. Holy mother of God, there's a website. Apparently Bernie's entry is in Series 7.


Strangely enough, I don't think I ever bought the plain old record. I'm sure it was a regular in the $1 bin at used record stores.

No comments: